Thursday, December 23, 2010

Meet an Artist: The Midnight Orange


The Midnight Orange is one of Uncovered Artistry's original two artisans. She creates one-of-a-kind sculptures that represent both the difficult and empowering moments in our life. Her On the Edge of Healing Miniature Sculpture is a UA bestseller.


About this piece she says:

"I am struggling past something and it has transcended to my artwork. I apologize to share darkness with anyone, but I do believe that having an emblem of expression can help bring someone through catharsis. These have helped me, and if they can allow someone else to experience that place just prior to healing, then it will have been worth it.

I sculpted this because I got discouraged with people thinking they can look at something with a bird's eye view, listen to a problem loosely, and then tell you what to do to fix it. This is for the person like me who doesn't want anyone else's verbal remedies. This is for the person who knows they need to feel what they are feeling and then struggle past it. And it's for the person who knows they are not ready to move past it yet.

We cannot see how illuminating light truly is when we never allow ourselves to sit in darkness.
"

You can find more of her work at www.themidnightorange.com

No comments:

Post a Comment